Wednesday, April 20, 2011

We have funding!

After form filling, e-mail exerts and a hasty hand-in we finally have some funds to create a creche at group!

I had to attend the Community Board Meeting, Major Jenny Rowan included, last Tuesday night and make a small presentation about who we are and why we needed the funds.  Somehow I had the false idea that I was just going to answer some questions and so was completely unprepared when it was announced that the groups requesting funds would make a 3 min presentation!!  Thankfully I'm used to speaking in front of others and it all went smoothly. 

Guru was very supportive, putting in an extra good word for us for our involvement in the Race Relations Day, which I'm sure helped. Funding granted and today I received a letter to confirm that the money would be put into our newly formed bank account. 

Jenny Rowan gave me her card at the meeting with a note attached saying that she would like to attend one of our get-togethers.  So we'll have to work out a time when the maximum can attend so that they can see their money is being well spent!!

Now to find someone willing to entertain all our little darlings on Fridays.  If anyone knows of someone that may be interested let me know. Otherwise enjoy your holidays and see you at the Walk on 6th May.

No comments:

Post a Comment